UN Headquarters, Conference Room D
Under the priority theme: “Challenges and opportunities in achieving gender equality and the empowerment of rural women and girls,” the sixty-second session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW 62) will launch a “Practitioner’s Toolkit on Women’s Access to Justice”, produced under the overall coordination of UN Women, and in collaboration with UNDP, OHCHR and UNODC.
Designed primarily for staff of the United Nations system, the Toolkit presents a menu of options for responding to current deficits in women’s access to justice programming and the growing demand for technical assistance in this area. It consolidates and complements existing resources and aims at stimulating bolder gender responsive justice interventions for the full realization of women’s and girls’ rights.
- Ms. Laura Neuman, Director, Global Access to Information Program, The Carter Center
- Ms. Nicole Ameline, Member, CEDAW Committee (Key Note Speaker)
- Dr. Yannick Glemarec, Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Executive Director, UN Women
- Mr. Patrick Keuleers, Director, Governance and Peacebuilding, Bureau for Policy and Programme Support, UNDP
- Mr. Craig Mokhiber, Deputy Director to Assistant Secretary-General, OHCHR
- Mr. Matteo Pasquali, Deputy Representative, UNODC, New York Office
- Mr. Alejandro Alvarez, Chief, Rule of Law Unit, Executive Office of the United Nations Secretary General
- Mr. David Steven, Associate Director and Senior Fellow, CIC, NYU and Pathfinder’s Initiative
Click here for more details.