Deadline: Proposals (CV, Letter of Motivation and declaration on honour form) must be submitted on or before 23:59 (CET), 19 September 2021. Late submissions will not be considered for evaluation.
Submissions: By email to email@example.com with the following as subject "Tender Ref. No. 2021-02-001 – Do not open before 23:59 (CET), 19 September 2021."
International IDEA supports and hosts the Secretariat of the International Knowledge Network of Women in Politics (iKNOW Politics) – a joint initiative of International IDEA, UN Women, UNDP, and the Inter-Parliamentary Union. It is a global online platform (www.iknowpolitics.org) designed to increase the participation and effectiveness of women in political life by utilizing a technology enabled forum to share best practices on women's political participation, representation, and leadership.
Available in Arabic, English, French, and Spanish, the iKNOW Politics website aims to increase the number and effectiveness of women in political life by utilizing a technology enabled forum to provide access to resources, expertise, exchange, and knowledge creation on women's political participation, representation, and leadership. The iKNOW Politics website is visited by more than 200,000 users yearly.
Objectives of the Assignment
International IDEA seeks the services of a Network Facilitator to further expand and update the iKNOW Politics language platforms in English, Spanish and French, and strengthen its online community through website management and social media activities.
Scope of Work
The Consultant will contribute to the implementation of the iKNOW Politics 2021 Annual Work Plan through:
Website content management
- Maintain and populate the news section of the platform with daily updates.
- Expand the knowledge library with new resources on women’s political participation.
- Develop the elections section/timeline with country election information and content on women in elections.
- Identify relevant events and trainings on women’s political participation and promote them to the iKNOW Politics network.
- Translate website content (interviews, texts, articles) from English to Spanish and French.
- Perform regular quality control on language versions of the website (bugs, incorrect links, quality of pictures, search functions, content organization, etc).
Strengthening and expanding the iKNOW Politics Network
- Manage the network, facilitate communication between users and encourage contributions from experts, partners, and collaborators in relevant language platforms.
- Expand the network by reaching out to politicians, international organizations, NGOs, academic institutions, women organizations, youth, indigenous peoples and minority communities.
- Design, disseminate and moderate online discussions and mobilize users to contribute.
- Manage the process of collecting and disseminating lessons learned on women’s political participation from the discussions generated on the iKNOW Politics portal.
- Filter and respond to messages, contributions and queries to determine the most relevant information and resources to be shared with the network.
- Respond to users’ requests through active solicitation of expert feedback.
Supporting the development of knowledge products
- Conduct research and contribute to online discussion reports and summaries.
- Conduct interviews and produce videos to showcase good practices on women’s political participation.
- Support the production and dissemination of iKNOW Politics newsletters.
- Organize, manage, and promote thematic webinars and social media Live events.
Applying innovative communication approaches via social media platforms
- Maintain and feed the iKNOW Politics social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram with daily content.
- Identify relevant online campaigns and collaborate with partners to promote iKNOW Politics.
- Monitor and report on social key performance indicators such as reach and engagement.
Duration of Assignment and Duty Station
The assignment is home-based. It is anticipated that the services will commence on 15 October 2021 until 31 December 2021, with a possibility of an extension for further periods based on performance and availability of funds. This consultancy will be a full-time engagement, 5 working days per week, and is home-based.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in journalism, communications, gender studies, political science, international relations or related fields.
- A first level of university in combination with at least two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in public information, communications, journalism, international relations or related area, preferably in the development field.
- Knowledge of the recent advocacy trends in the advancement of women in politics.
- Experience in women’s participation, representation, and leadership is an advantage.
- Experience working in an international context is an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Spanish and French is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
- Will act in accordance with International IDEA’s Core Values: Respect, Integrity and Professionalism.
- Will follow internal procedures to ensure high standards of performance and compliance with Institutional guidelines.
- Will integrate a gender and diversity perspective in all activities.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English, Spanish and French (experience in proofreading, strong editing skills, including for an online platform).
- Substantive knowledge of issues on gender equality and political participation.
- Strong website management skills (knowledge of content management systems such as Drupal is an asset).
- Experience in designing knowledge management products and event management (newsletter, online discussions, webinars, and live social media events).
- Sound experience in digital communications and social media content creation.
- Experience with graphic design (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc) and video production and editing (e.g. Premiere) an advantage.
- Understanding and experience in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) an advantage.
- Results oriented, focused, highly creative, communicative and a team player.
- Strong networking and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, donors and civil society.
The Submission and Evaluation Process are outlined in the Tender Notice.