||New York, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
|Application Deadline :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Level :
|Languages Required :
||English French Spanish
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :
|The International Knowledge Network of Women in Politics (iKNOW Politics www.iknowpolitics.org) is a joint Project between UNDP, UNWOMEN, IDEA, IPU and NDI. The International Knowledge Network of Women in Politics, iKNOW Politics, is designed to increase the number and effectiveness of women in political life by utilizing a technology enabled forum to provide access to resources, expertise, dialogue, and knowledge creation on women’s political participation.
Despite some encouraging data and statistics on women’s participation in politics, women still lack access to political leadership opportunities and resources at local, national and regional levels. In order to provide a mechanism to share best practices on women’s political participation and leadership, UNDP, UNWOMEN, NDI, IPU, and IDEA established a global knowledge network for women in politics (iKNOW Politics). iKNOW Politics brings together women involved in politics around the world in order to gain access to valuable resources and advisory services, share interests and experiences, participate in training and development, network and collaborate on issues of interest. Network members have access to a cadre of experts and practitioners that can advise candidates and elected officials on how to develop and implement successful campaign and lobbying strategies with the goal of getting more women involved in politics. The network also facilitates direct contact between women leaders to share relevant experiences, challenges and successes with one another. Additionally, the network provides an opportunity to the users to stay abreast of global events and news related to women’s political participation globally and regionally.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Monitor the content of the French and Spanish website:
- Contribute to the development of the iKNOW Politics Network Community by providing support for community collaboration, knowledge sharing and networking;
- Build and expand the knowledge base for the users of the Network through liaising with politicians, international organizations, NGOs, academic institutions, women organizations, youth, indigenous peoples and minority communities;
- Respond to user requests through active solicitation of expert feedback; research and write consolidated replies to queries in French and Spanish;
- Filter French and Spanish messages, contributions and queries to determine the most relevant information and resources to be shared with the global Network;
- Post daily updates on news emerging from French and Spanish speaking countries, upload events on women’s political participation to the calendar;
- Design, moderate and stimulate online discussions in French and Spanish;
- Manage the process of collecting and disseminating lessons learned on women’s political participation from the discussions generated in the iKNOW Politics portal;
- Conduct research for knowledge and information needed to prompt dialogue or enhance the depth of Network products and services;
- Facilitate the access, creation, sharing, and application of specialized knowledge in the field of women and political participation by network members;
- Manage the membership of the network; encourage communication, capture knowledge and turn it into new knowledge resources;
- Translation of website content (interviews, texts, articles) from English to French and Spanish;
Liaise with regional/country offices of the five iKNOW Politics partners to link iKNOW Politics knowledge with existing programs on women’s political empowerment:
- Build strong relationships with the five partners of the project to ensure all partners of the project are well informed and engaged in activities of iKNOW Politics;
- Collaborate with staff of the five partners in French and Spanish speaking countries to enhance programmatic synergies;
- Contribute to the knowledge management efforts of all partner organizations;
Collaborate with the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Team:
- Assist in the development of the website, including identifying new technologies;
- Develop on-line and multi-media tools and features for the network to facilitate greater knowledge sharing;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience in working in a multicultural and web-based environment;
- Interest and Commitment to the advancement of women in politics;
- Substantive knowledge of issues on gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- In-depth substantive knowledge of Knowledge Management and development of policy issues;
- Fluency in Microsoft word, excel, e-mail, web-based applications and databases;
- Promotes Knowledge Management and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Outstanding networking, team-building, organizational and communication skills;
- Capacity to work with diverse partners including governments, donors and civil society.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master Degree in Political Science, International Relations, International Development, Law or other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of communication and knowledge management; Knowledge of the recent advocacy trends in the advancement of women in politics; Research experience;
- Fluency in English, French and Spanish.
|Click here for important information for US Permanent Residents ('Green Card' holders).
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.