At the presence of Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, Opposition Leader, Belarus, Candidate Presidential Election (2020), and Human Rights Activist, and other international women leaders, Women Political Leaders (WPL) and the Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs co-host the Webinar "Women rising for democracy" to look at the role of women in ensuring democracy in different regions in the world.
Outcomes from this high-level discussion can serve as telling illustrations of how women have championed democracy in the past and what support, whether cultural, legislative, or policy, that they need to continue doing so today.
- Linas Linkevicius, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Lithuania
- Věra Jourová, Vice-President, European Commission, European Commissioner for Values and Transparency
- Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, Opposition Leader, Belarus, Candidate Presidential Election (2020) Human Rights Activist
- Rosalia Arteaga, President of Ecuador (1997), Member of the WPL Board, President of the Fidal Foundation, Member of the Board of Trustees of the Library of Alexandria
- Hafsat Abiola, Founder Kudirat Initiative for Democracy, Nigeria President of Women in Africa (WIA)
- Svetlana Alexievich, Investigative journalist, Belarus, Nobel Laureate in Literature (2015)
The panel discussion will be moderated by Silvana Koch-Mehrin, President and Founder, WPL.
Participants will be able to submit questions. For any inquiry, please feel free to reach Patricia Cepeda, Communications Coordinator, WPL at: email@example.com.
*In speaking order.
To register please click here.