Objectives of Conference
• Create a forum to deliberate and share experiences on human rights issues from a gender perspective;
• To understand what sexual and gender- based violence is;
• Increase awareness among men about the gender dynamics of sexual and gender -based violence.
• Recognise gender – based violence against men;
• Initiate a process of collaboration and networking between gender equity advocates and human rights promoters.
Partners & Participants
The issue of sexual and gender based violence is not the preserve of only one organisation or any individual. It requires a multidisciplinary approach to make an impact. In this regard, some organisations have pledged their support and collaboration to the Conference. They include African Centre for Human Development, Voices of African Women in Crisis, Women for Women International, Sankofa International, The Ark Foundation, among others. Participants will be drawn from International and Local NGOs, Civil Society Organisations, Multilateral and Bilateral Development Agencies, State and Para-Statal Organisations, and UN Agencies.
Orgnized by Gender Development Institute, Ghana
$1,500 for Single room occupancy for 4 days in a 3 star Hotel
$1,300 for Paired room occupancy for 4 days in a 3 star Hotel
• Conference Registration fee
• Full Board and Lodge for 4 days (Breakfast, Lunch, Supper and Snacks)
• Participation in Conference tours
• Meeting upon arrival and transport to and from conference venue
• Conference Souvenirs
• Conference Report
• Conference Certificate of Participation
• Conference Picture
There is a special package for ghanaian participants. Contact GDI secretariat for more details.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 233-21 223031