This is a collection of cutting-edge resources intended to raise awareness, provoke policy, support training, advocacy and share lessons learned on implementation of the women, peace and security (WPS) agenda, including the UN Security Council resolution 1325 and other women and peace and security resolutions (1820, 1888, 1889 and 1960).
This collection is expected to strengthen the knowledge base on women and peace and security-related issues and to provide practitioners, advocates and policy makers with practical guidance.
The Overview provides a detailed summary of issues, lessons learned, good practices and continuing efforts to implement the WPS agenda. It also provides a set of analytical and practical guidance on five major thematic and operational elements of the WPS agenda, namely:
- frameworks for implementing the women and peace and security resolutions;
- women's engagement in conflict resolution;
- gender-responsive conflict prevention and protection;
- women's participation in peacebuilding and recovery; and
- gender and transitional justice.