The Prelaunch event of International IDEA’s Inclusion Portal at CSW67
International IDEA hosted a CSW67 side-event to prelaunch the Inclusion Portal on 13 March 2023 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
The Inclusion Portal will be an online one-stop repository and hub of global information that solely presents the provisions in national frameworks-constitutions, political parties and electoral laws on the inclusion of women, youth, Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities, LGBTQI+ people. The principle of inclusiveness is at the core of international policy platforms, like the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in which it is stated at least seven times in the Agenda and has been a recurrent theme in documents, pledges, call to actions, interventions and statements delivered since by Member States, the UN and civil society. Addressing the various factors that reproduce exclusion and hinder the leave no one behind agenda is essential for democratic development.
- Dr Annika Silva-Leander Head of North America & Deputy Permanent Observer to the UN International IDEA
- Rumbidzai Kandawasvika-Nhundu, Senior Advisor:-Democracy and Inclusion, International IDEA
- Krista Orama, Senior Adviser for Gender Equality. Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finland
- Hon Caroline Agwanda, Adviser Disability Inclusion and Human Rights Facilitator
- Mariam Diallo Drame, Executive Director Association Femmes Leadership et Développement Durable (AFLED)