1. ADVANCING THE WOMEN, PEACE AND SECURITY AGENDA (WPS)
- To what extent has UNSCR 1325 been implemented across the Arab States? What are the main implementation gaps and challenges?
-What progress has been made in promoting women’s leadership and participation at all levels in the implementation of UNSCR 1325? What are the main limitations preventing women from having a greater role?
-What are the most effective mechanisms and structures within Parliaments to advance the implementation of UNSCR 1325 (e.g. caucuses)?
2. STRATEGIES AND MONITORING
-Are there particular budgetray constraints related to the WPS? What mechanisms are in place to allocate budget to the WPS agenda?
-What accountability mechanisms need to be developed to ensure monitoring and reporting on UNSCR 1325?
- National Plans of Action (NPAs): what good practices exist in the Arab States and beyond and what is the role of parliaments in calling for NPAs through their oversight function?
3. PARTNERSHIPS AND CAPACITY BUILDING
- What role do civil society and women's organizations play in the implementation of UNSCR 1325 and how can Parliamentarians cooperate with these stakeholders? Please share concrete examples.
- What type of capacity-building efforts are effective and which venues/formats are best to enhance cross-regional learning and exchanges of best practices?
- Are there topics that need particular attention and capacity building in light of the recent conflicts (i.e. refugee crisis, increased radicalization and extremisms)? Are there any example already available?
Please send your responses to email@example.com or engage directly by posting comments below. To engage directly on this page, please log in using the profile icon on the upper right corner of this page, or sign up here.