St. Petersburg, Russian Federation
The 137 th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union and related meetings will be held at the Tavrichesky Palace and the Parliamentary Centre in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation, from Saturday, 14 to Wednesday, 18 October 2017. The Assembly will start its General Debate on 15 October with the high-level segment reserved for Speakers of Parliament. At its sittings on 17 and 18 October, the Assembly will adopt resolutions on the emergency item and on the subject item taken up by the Standing Committee on Democracy and Human Rights.
The General Debate at the 137th IPU Assembly will provide an opportunity for parliamentarians from around the world to share their national, regional and international experience and identify ways of better managing cultural pluralism and achieving peace through inter-faith and inter-ethnic dialogue.
Agenda of the assembly
- Election of the President and Vice-Presidents of the 137th Assembly
- Consideration of requests for the inclusion of an emergency item in the Assembly agenda
- General Debate on Promoting cultural pluralism and peace through inter-faith and inter-ethnic dialogue
- Sharing our diversity: The 20th anniversary of the Universal Declaration on Democracy (Standing Committee on Democracy and Human Rights)
- Reports of the Standing Committees on Peace and International Security, Sustainable Development, Finance and Trade and United Nations Affairs
- Approval of the subject item for the Standing Committee on Democracy and Human Rights at the 139th IPU Assembly and appointment of the Rapporteurs
Click here to learn more.