DPPA’s virtual WPS event “Beyond the Pandemic: Opening the Doors to Women’s Meaningful Participation”, with the following speakers engaging in an interactive dialogue:
- Rosemary DiCarlo, Under-Secretary-General for Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA)
- Jeanine Plasschaert, Special Representative of the Secretary General to the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI)
- Kaavya Asoka, Executive Director of the NGO Working Group on Women, Peace and Security
- Huda Ali, Feminist Peace Activist and Member of MANSAM, a Sudanese coalition of Women Civic and Political Organizations
- Erika Brockmann, former member of the Bolivian national parliament (1997-2005) and currently a master trainer for the National Democratic Institute
The event will mark the 20th anniversary of UNSCR 1325. Simultaneous interpretation will be available in Arabic, English, French and Spanish.