Gender Justice & The Law Implications of inequality before the law for full and effective participation and decision-making in public life, as well as the elimination of violence
This side event during CSW65 would build on the 2020 annual meeting of the Governmental Subcommittee on Gender Equality and the Sustainable Development Goals. The objective of the session would be to:
- Introduce the Gender Justice and the Law tool, which seeks to engage countries at the national level to enhance their adherence to international frameworks;
- Advocate for the adoption of the tool by UN partners in other regions;
- Examine the implications of inequality before the law for gender equality and for the empowerment of woment and girls, and particularly women’s participation in public life
- Discuss strategies and interventions in the short, mid and long term to:
- Accelerate the adoption of laws that advance women’s rights and address existing gender inequalities; and
- Enhance the empowerment of present and future generations of women and girls in the region.
Click here to learn more and register.