Side Event 74th UNGA: Advancing women’s meaningful participation in peace to resolve conflict and build peace in Afghanistan
ECOSOC Chambers, UNHQ, East 42nd Street, New York, NY, USA
The Permanent Missions of Afghanistan, Germany, and Sweden to the United Nations, UN Women, and the Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security cordially invite you to the UNGA 74 side event "Advancing Women's Meaningful Participation in Peace to Resolve Conflict and Build Peace in Afghanistan."
This session provides a platform for women from Afghanistan to outline the current situation in the country as seen from their perspective, the key opportunities for women to shape sustainable peace, and the extent to which the international community can support women and women's organizations to do so.
- H.E. Adela Raz, Ambassador and Permanent Representative, Afghanistan
- H.E. Mr. Hamdullah Mohib, National Security Advisor, Afghanistan
- H.E. Ambassador Markus Potzel, Special Representative of the Federal Government for Afghanistan and Pakistan, Germany
- H.E. Mr. Peter Eriksson, Minister for International Development Cooperation, Sweden
- Asa Regner, Assistant-Secretary Gender & Deputy Executive Director, UN Women
- Ambassador Melanne Verveer, Executive Director, Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
- Ms. Mariam Safe, Founder and Executive Director, Organization for Policy Research and Development Studies
For further information, please click here.